Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas in the Air

It's incredible how the smallest Christmas related things can lift your mood up! I was not in the best of dispositions to place the Christmas lights on our Christmas tree given the fact that there were three other very capable people in my household that could do it and had the time to as well. Eventually, my father's menacing voice implored me to and what choice do I have then. As I began to place the lights on the tree, I was complaining about how my hands would burn after because of having to turn the tree while placing the lights and how it was going to take forever and so on and so forth. But something happened when I got to the fifth line. I began to stop complaining and instead trying very hard for the lights to look perfect throughout the tree... "Not too much here but a little more there.... hmmmm.... maybe if I move them a little toward the bottom" Halfway through the tree I was laughing with my brothers and father and everything felt like Christmas. I know very well that Christmas is not an adjective but I think it should be. Or maybe there's another word for that "Christmas-y feeling" that you feel around this time of year. I love it! You begin to change your outlook on certain things and it's harder to get mad and feel discouraged. There's a feeling of unity and happiness all around you and there's really no where that you can go to hide from it. It's a time to look forward to new beginnings and forget old pasts, even if just for a second. Can you feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment